September 15, 2012

Traci's Engaged!!


 This post is a little late but TRACI'S ENGAGED!! 

We are now in full fledge wedding mode seeing as the big day is November 24th just around the corner. However, I still wanted to celebrate the proposal. Before I share the proposal I wanted to take a look back at the history of all of us! With Traci's big day approaching it marks the last of the four to be wed! It's so awesome to know that all of us have been apart of each other's lives through so many special moments! 
 

The first to start the trend was Jenni (aka Mastiff) 
June 21, 2008


 Next up is Callie 
Callie and I  happened to be engaged at the same time and it could not have been more wonderful to have someone to talk to and discuss all things wedding with!
June 20th 2009


Then it was my turn (aka Donkey)
August 7th 2009


Now to complete it all is Traci (aka Baby Tonka)
November 24th 2012

Now here's the proposal story:
So Nick had me help him with the big day. He had asked me invite them for a double date night with Landon and I. I told her we would go to dinner and then do something after. 

So of course Tonka was on board. We met up that night at this cute little Italian restaurant  in Colleyville and I told Traci lets dress up just for fun which is not abnormal for me to say so she was on board. As a girl I know she would want to look super cute when the big question was popped so I had her back! 

We went to dinner and everything was going good except for the crazy weather! It was raining pretty good and the next stage of the surprise was set for a park by Traci's house. Whoops! 

We kept with the plan as decided so Nick asked me to see if everyone wanted to go for a walk at parr park. As I was proposing the idea to Traci it was hard to keep a straight face b/c it was def. something I would not propose seeing as how I don't like getting wet and I'm not that outdoorsy. Traci def. knows that about me so for some reason since I ( the one who never goes swimming or hot tubing with everyone else) thought going out in the rain for a walk would be fun she went with it!

I believe the conversation went like this
Me:  Hey I have an idea why don't we go for a walk at parr park! 
Traci: umm isn't it raining outside?
The boys (as they pretend to look out the windows of the restaurant): oh no I don't think it is anymore.
Traci: let me check my weather app...yea there's a storm coming right at us!
Nick: Oh your phone is always wrong you can't trust those!

So off we went!

Landon and I told them we had to run by the house to get an umbrella and we would meet them there. (Sike)


Here we are right before we all left to go to the "park" I just love that Traci had absolutely no idea what was about to happen!

 

 So in between the time that we left the restaurant I called Callie because her and her husband Casey were at the park setting things up. Little did I know chaos was about to break loose! 

At this point it was raining pretty bad and had really strong winds. Callie and Casey couldn't get the candles lit and some random kids were smashing some of the mason jars. Then at one point Callie thought Casey was lost and just went into complete panic mode! 

The majority of my conversation with Callie went like this:
Callie: Casey Where are You!!! Where are You!! OMG call 911!  Some kids are smashing the jars!
As dramatic as all that sounds it is now completely hilarious b/c everything turned out fine.

Somehow after all that Callie and Casey managed to get the thing set up as best they could then hid in the bushes so Nic and Traci wouldn't see them. 

Nic had envelopes with things he loved about Traci written on them and she started reading a few and still had no idea she was beginning her proposal! For someone who is usually pretty quick to figure things out she was mostly clueless for the majority of the night! Good job Nick!


 After Nic officially proposed he drove to Traci's parent's house where he had friends and family waiting for a special surprise engagement party!

As you can see Traci was completely surprised!

 

 Here's the table setting burlap and lace just like the bride wanted (according to her pinterest)


The happy couple and soon to be new little family!



 And of course the lovely lovely ring!

 

 So excited for her!!

 

 Yea were ALL going to be Married!!
 


 Now that we have 4 weddings just about checked off the list next is BABIES! 2 down 2 go!


No comments:

Post a Comment